The organizers of the Belgrade Security Forum (BSF) are pleased to invite enthusiastic and motivated students and graduates from universities, schools and institutes based in Serbia and abroad to join the BSF team for the 6th Belgrade Security Forum.
Every year, the Belgrade Security Forum gathers over 100 speakers and more than 600 high-ranking officials, including representatives from prestigious research and science institutes, civil society organizations, parliaments and media from Serbia, Europe and around the world.
The aim of the Forum is to intensify high-quality debate on security, international relations and responsibility to find solutions for the current security challenges in the Balkans and Europe. In this respect, BSF volunteers are essential to support operations which will ensure a smooth running of the conference.
As a volunteer, you will be a vital part of the conference and will help create a welcoming and outstanding conference experience for over 600 participants from around the world. This is a valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the field of foreign affairs and security policy, attend an international conference, and obtain firsthand experience in the organization of a high-level international security dialogue.
In this regard you will be required to undertake a one-day training session, where you will become familiarized with volunteer duties to be completed throughout the conference.
- High-level officials, top experts and future leaders
- Expert opinions, quality discussions
- Event organization skills
Media team (assisting with media registrations and providing to journalists needed information on program/participants);
- Logistics team (assisting with room counts, facilitating entry/exit of guests at the conference rooms as well as arrivals and departures of the speakers);
- Participants team (assisting with conference attendee registrations/program questions);
- Technical support (assisting with assembling registration materials and other related technical duties);
- Web team (assisting with creating social media and web posts);
- Analytical team (covering sessions as a reporter).
If you are interested in applying for the volunteer position, please send your CV and personal statement which frames your motivation for volunteering and indicates the type of work and team that you want to be engaged with. This statement should be no longer than 350 words. Please note that we are not able to cover travel and accomodation cost.
Due to great interest submissions are still accepted by Ms. Aurelija Djan at firstname.lastname@example.org until May 27, 2016.