Session 5: The Visegrad Group: Exploring the New Synergies with the Western Balkans
(in partnership with the Slovak Atlantic Commission, International Centre for Democratic Transition and Jagello 2000)
- How the Visegrad Group could become more relevant and effective force multipliers of the EU and NATO enlargements in the Western Balkans?
- Is there a room for more applicable synergies with the Western Balkans countries?
- What can we expect from the expert-level network between V4 and Western Balkans partners? (Joint statement of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the V4, October 25, 2012)
- What are the short to medium term plans of V4 countries towards the Western Balkans?
- What will be priorities of the Hungarian presidency in the V4 group in 2014 in regards of the Western Balkans?
- How can V4 countries contribute more in terms of development assistance and serve as multipliers of pre-accession assistance for the Western Balkans countries – sharing of experience.
Ivana Hlavsová‚ Director, South and South East European Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
Roman Hloben‚ Director, South-East European States and Turkey Department, Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, Slovak Republic
Imre Varga‚ Ambassador, Owner, EU-JUST-4U Consulting Ltd.
Tomasz Żornaczuk‚ Analyst on the Western Balkans, Polish Institute of International Affairs
Milan Nič‚ Senior Fellow, Central European Policy Institute (Moderator)