Session 4: NATO and the Security Challenges Facing Southeast Europe
- What has NATO learned in the Western Balkans? Are those lessons applicable elsewhere?
- What does NATO exit strategy from the Western Balkans depend on?
- Which aspects of NATO‚Äôs new Strategic Concept are relevant for transformation of national security policies in small SEE states?
- What are the implications of reformed Partnership policy (‚ÄúBerlin partnership package‚ÄĚ) for SEE members of PfP?
- In an environment of dense competition of cooperative and collective security initiatives in Europe, what is an added value of greater engagement with NATO for SEE states?
Jir√≠ Ň†ediv√Ĺ‚Äö First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Defence‚Äö Czech Republic
Vlatko Cvrtila‚Äö Professor, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Zagreb‚Äö Republic of Croatia
Savo Kentera‚Äö President, Euro-Atlantic Club of Montenegro
Karsten Friis‚Äö Senior Advisor, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
Pavol DemeŇ°‚Äö Senior Transatlantic Fellow, German Marshall Fund of the United States‚Äö (Moderator)