Session 4: NATO and the Security Challenges Facing Southeast Europe
- What has NATO learned in the Western Balkans? Are those lessons applicable elsewhere?
- What does NATO exit strategy from the Western Balkans depend on?
- Which aspects of NATO’s new Strategic Concept are relevant for transformation of national security policies in small SEE states?
- What are the implications of reformed Partnership policy (“Berlin partnership package”) for SEE members of PfP?
- In an environment of dense competition of cooperative and collective security initiatives in Europe, what is an added value of greater engagement with NATO for SEE states?
Jirí Šedivý‚ First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Defence‚ Czech Republic
Vlatko Cvrtila‚ Professor, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Zagreb‚ Republic of Croatia
Savo Kentera‚ President, Euro-Atlantic Club of Montenegro
Karsten Friis‚ Senior Advisor, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
Pavol Demeš‚ Senior Transatlantic Fellow, German Marshall Fund of the United States‚ (Moderator)