Session 3: Russia and Europe: Partners or Competitors?
- How much is Russia a part of European security and how much is the EU important for Russia’s security today?
- What are dominant Russian interests in Europe? (Energy? Access to the EU market? Proxies for strategic competition with the U.S.? Anything else?)
- What are dominant EU’s interests in Russia’s neighborhood? Can the European Neighborhood Policy deliver without cooperation with Russia?
- What can Western Balkan states learn from the points of convergence among Russia’s, EU and NATO interests in Europe?
- What could Western Balkan state gain or loose from taking part in a European Security Treaty (EST)?
Armen Oganesyan‚ Editor-in-Chief, International Relations
Nickolay Petrov‚ Scholar-in-Residence, Society and Regions Programme, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Moscow Center
Charles Grant‚ Director, Center for European Reform
Dušan Reljić‚ Researcher, German Institute for International and Security Affairs‚ (Moderator)