Session 2: Upheaval in the Arab World and its Aftermath
- What are the potential ramifications of the Arab upheaval for the Western Balkans security and stability?
- To what extent are the often-made historic analogies with revolutions in 1989 and 1979 actually justified?
- What may be the consequences of regime changes in the Arab world for the peace in the Middle East?
- How can the instability in the Middle East affect European security?
- Can Europe constructively contribute to the peaceful democratic transition in the Arab world?
Mohhamad K Shiyyab‚ General Manager, Middle East Security Consultants (MESC) Group‚
Anwar Essmat El Sadat‚ Chairman, El Saddat Association
Srđa Popović, OTPOR-CANVAS
Alexis Crow‚ Research Fellow, Chatham House‚ (Moderator)